The American InterContinental University online curriculum consists of five program offerings from the university’s schools of business, criminal justice, design, education, and information technology. With every course, students can not only watch the videos as often as they need to, in case there is something they missed, but they can also print up the lectures. Following is a list of some of the courses available online from each school and each degree level— associate, bachelor’s, and master’s. Description’s of the courses— subjects covered, goals, and so forth— are not available online. For such information, send away for a snail mail catalog.
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration— Principles of Accounting 1; Lower Division Capstone; Macro- and Microeconomics; Principles of Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration includes a separate degree for each specialization. This is also true at the master’s level. Among these specialties are finance, entrepreneurship, accounting, and marketing. Each of these degree programs has its own set of courses; for B.B.A. in marketing, some of the “specialization courses” are Pricing Theory; International Marketing; Advertising & Promotional Management; Demand Analysis; and Electronic Business Marketing; for the master’s in the same field, there is Strategic Marketing; Research Methods in Marketing; International Marketing; and Product and Brand Management.
2) Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice— Theories of Crime Causation; Introduction to the American Court System; Foundation of Corrections
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice— There is a generalist program and four specialist programs: law enforcement, corrections & case management, forensic science, and homeland security & crisis management. In the generalist program, core courses include Crime Victim Studies; Administration of Criminal Justice; Crime & Substance Abuse; Terrorism & Homeland Security; and Advanced Topics in Corrections. There is no master’s degree for this school.
- Associate of Arts in Visual Communication— Design Principles; Fundamentals of Color; Drawing Concepts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication— generalist and four specialties: graphic design, illustration, and web design. The last includes Business Practices & Project Management; Mobile Technology Design; Multimedia for Web Design. No master’s degree is available from this school.
4) Education— Only the master’s degree (M.Ed.) is offered here. There are six specializations; Classroom Integration of Technology includes Introduction to Technology in Education; Twenty-First Century Learning; Digital Citizenship in Education; Universal Learning through Technology.
5) Information Technology
Bachelor’s and master’s (B.I.T., M.I.T.) are offered; four specializations on the bachelor’s level, two on the master’s.
AIU also has an online library where students can access the complete texts of magazine, newspaper, and journal articles that are relevant to their areas of study.
Posted under Accredited Online Colleges, Distance Learning, E-learning, Higher Education, Masters Programs, Online College, Online College Review, Online Degree, Online Master Program, Uncategorized | Comments Off